“I’ll never forget that monday when I put the barrel of a gun to my head and fired until I was out of bullets, without stopping to think of what I was doing so I wouldn’t have a chance to change my mind. It was my resignation to a future which I already knew, a farewell to a secure job, an adieu to a brillant career in advertising, the microcosm where I had lived for the last twelve long years.
It was ten minutes after ten in the morning an my last words were, more or less ‘keep the corpse, I’m leaving.’ My body collapsed and I walked out the door.”
AROUND THE WORLD IN 10 YEARS: THE BOOK OF INDEPENDENCE.
- ‘Around the World in 10 Years: The Book of Independence‘ (ISBN 13 978-1482769951) is available at Kindle and Amazon.com.
- Overland Journal Editor’s ‘Must Read’ Choice: The Book of Independence
- Download now in PDF the first 40 pages of ‘Around the World in 10 Years: The Book of Independence’.
STORIES WRITTEN FOR OVERLAND JOURNAL MAGAZINE
- From Colombia to Panama in a Bolivian cargo ship.
- Diego Rivera: A cool rebel, fat guy with a high pitched voice.
- The man who whispered to the horses of his engine.
- How we arranged our 4wd van for living en route.
- The road to the Arctic 1: A million light-year far from home.
- The road to the Arctic 2: How to avoid being eaten by a bear.
- The road to the Arctic 10: Guide to the end of the Panamerican Road in North America.
INTERVIEWS IN ENGLISH